Accepting credit and debit card payments is a necessity for small businesses, but the cost of a credit card reader can be a burden. Fortunately, there are ways to get a free credit card processing machine, and in this article, we’ll explore some of those options.
- Check with your payment processor Many payment processors offer free credit card readers when you sign up for their services. They do this to attract new customers and retain existing ones. Research payment processors in your area and find out if they offer free equipment.
- Look for promotions Credit card reader manufacturers and payment processors often run promotions that offer free equipment or waive setup fees. Keep an eye out for these promotions and take advantage of them when they’re available.
- Buy used You don’t necessarily have to buy a brand new credit card reader to start accepting payments. You can find used readers for sale online, and they’re often much cheaper than new ones. Just make sure to purchase from a reputable seller and that the reader is compatible with your payment processor.
- Lease If you don’t have the funds to buy a credit card reader outright, consider leasing one. Many payment processors offer lease options, which allow you to pay a monthly fee instead of a large upfront cost. Keep in mind that leasing can be more expensive in the long run, but it may be a good option if you need a reader quickly.
- Ask your bank If you have a good relationship with your bank, they may be willing to provide you with a free credit card reader. Banks often partner with payment processors, so they may have equipment to lend out to their customers.
In conclusion, getting a free credit card reader is possible if you know where to look. Check with your payment processor, look for promotions, buy used, lease, and ask your bank. With a little research and effort, you can start accepting credit and debit card payments without spending a lot of money on equipment.